After hours of deliberation and debate, the Roger Garlick Award judges have deemed the following seven entries worthy of finalist status out of a total of 54 entrants.
- Pete Case, Gloo for SA Tourism Touch Table in the Special Events/stunts category
- Kelvin Storie, Vizeum SA for BMW 1 series in the Best use of Out of Home category
- Anne van Rensburg, The Jupiter Drawing Room Cape Town, for Musica Star Wars, Lightsaber posters in the Best use of Out of Home category
- Xolisa Dyeshana, Joe Public for JHHESA’s HIV Twitter Army in the Best use of Online, Social and Mobile category
- Pete Case, Gloo and FoxP2’s combined entry for Brandhouse ‘Drive Dry’ in the Best use of Online, Social and Mobile category
- Anne van Rensburg, The Jupiter Drawing Room Cape Town and Mindshare Johannesburg for Shield Deodorant: Bok wakeup call in the Best use of Online, Social and Mobile category
- Storm Mascall, Associated Magazines with Vizeum and Carat for their joint entry for Cell C in the Best use of magazines category
AMASA’s Head of the Roger Garlick Awards portfolio Wayne Bischoff says; “In previous years the Out of Home category tended to dominate the number of entries and the final results but we’ve certainly seen a growth in the number of digital entries this year.
“The judges overall comments about the finalists’ entries were that they used their mediums in innovative, engaging ways and had strong insights combined with powerful executions.”
The judges of this year’s awards were: Heidi Brauer (Chartered Marketer); Howard Fox (GIBS); Serame Taukobong (MTN); Aline Sciarappa (FNB); Ryan Williams (Cinemark and AMASA); Ludi Koekemoer (AAA School of Advertising) and Nazeer Suliman (Unilever). The judging process was chaired and monitored by Frank Tilley.
This year’s AMASA Gold awards and the overall Roger Garlick Award winner will be announced at the MOST Awards on the 6th September.
Posted in News at a glance | No Comments »